Monday, April 18, 2016

The MTC!

Hello family and friends!

I can't believe it has already been a week! I feel like I have been here for a month, but that's okay! This week has been a great week and I have really seen the gospel apply to my life in every aspect. I didn't think it was possible. But it is! Even though it was hard to leave you all, I know what I am doing will bless them. This first week, I have truly seen my weaknesses and strengths as a missionary! The first day, all of us missionaries had a huge welcome devotional. And guess who said the prayer in front of everyone? Yep. THIS SISTER!!! I WAS TERRIFIED. But now I see it was God giving me the chance to be able to have confidence in everything I do as a missionary. Well, the prayer went great. The next thing I didn't even know, we (us new missionaries) were placed in rooms where WE HAD TO TEACH. I didn't even know how to teach or what to say. All I know is that God is always there for you. Me and my companions really worked together and did the best we could. That was our bonding experience. I love my companions so much. They were meant to be my companions. Just like Nicole would say: "God doesn't do random." And I totally agree with that. Being here has made me know that I am suppose to be here and I know that I am suppose to be a missionary for this  gospel. I was also called to be a STL (Sister Training Leader) that first Thursday here and that has a been a great learning experience.  
My Host was a friend from BYU
Speaking of my companions... I am in a Tri-panionship! I am sooooooooo lucky! I love being with them. I am with Sister Murray (going to Indiana), who is from Ephraim, UT and she is such a delight! She is so strong with the spirit, and when she gets prompted to say something.... SHE WILL SAY IT. AND BOOM!!! The spirit just fills the room. I love it. I also have Sister Judd (going to Modesto with me!) and she is from Phoenix, Arizona. I love her and she was on a trial mission just before she came to the MTC and she is a powerhouse of knowledge. I am really grateful to her as she pushed us to do the best we can. I am so blessed to have them. I also have a great district!! I will be sending pictures later, because my camera does not like the computers at the MTC. Haha, my camera is apostate! 

On Friday, I was meeting with an investigator (our teacher role playing with us, WHICH I LOVE!!) and I just didn't do the best I could have. I was really comparing myself to others and feeling bad about myself.  We went to dinner and as I was eating, Elder Van Ausdal who is in my district  (we actually were in the same math class in BYU and we were good friends), looked up at me and said: "Sister Guilott, would you like a blessing?" Let me tell you that God answers prayers. I got a little teary eyed and said: "Elder, that is exactly what I need. YES." After dinner, we all went to the classroom and I received my blessing. It was a beautiful blessing, and it really gave  me strength I needed. Then it lead to a chain reaction, and everyone else got blessings. IT WAS A NEAT EXPERIENCE. 

Well, I want to let you all know that I am truly grateful for this experience I have to be a missionary. I am so excited I get to be a instrument in the hand of God. Through the Atonement, we can return to our Father and our Savior.I am so grateful for all the opportunities I had to attend the temple and have already seen blessings from on high from that experience. I love you all and can't wait to email you all! 

LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!
Yours truly, 
Sister Guilott 
Saying Goodbye is hard

No comments:

Post a Comment