Monday, September 11, 2017

September 11, 2017

We went to a ward "Super Saturday"
Today is a day to remember. I would like to first have a few thoughts on this historical day of 9/11. Even though many scary things happen in this work, I am so grateful to know that God's love surrounds us everywhere. And even though life seems unfair, things are made right through Jesus Christ's Atonement. He feels everything that is being felt, and all we need to do is trust Him and allow Him to come into our lives.

We got our transfer calls yesterday, and for my final transfer I will be staying in the wonderful city of Oakdale with my companion Sister Rose. :) I am very excited for this transfer and what it has in store. This ward is amazing and I would love to live here!! It is cool to see how everywhere around the world, especially in Oakdale, members from the church are creating their own "zion" and helping the people around them hear of the gospel, inviting them to church and serving constantly. It just shows the church is a church of love and service. 

OKAY!! I have a CRAZY STORY... (don't worry mom, I am okay.) ;) haha! I bet she doesn't like it when I start like that... Anyway! My companion and I got a list of people to go visit in what we call "the country." To give you a visual, think dirt roads that lead you to houses that are acres apart with many horses and cows and creatures that Sister Guilott isn't too fond of... But we got to this one house. It was a old house with vines all over it and looked like a haunted house. But a sign said the last name of the person we were trying to find lived there. So we started to walk forward and we saw how there were no steps leading to the front door. My companion was just saying how are we going to get to the front door when all of the sudden we heard a dog bark. The gate right next to the house was open, and there was a lock in the gate where it looked like it was suppose to be locked... BUT IT WASN'T. In the opening of the gate, we saw this BIG dog come running toward us. My heart dropped. We then heard two or three more dogs behind it. We turn around and I am about to make a run for it, when I heard my companion shout: "WALK." Thankfully, I listened to her. We walked calmly back to the car, which was not very close. We didn't look back, we just kept going. We kept hearing the barking getting closer and closer. We finally got into the car, and as we were driving away we saw the three big dogs chasing us who started to run after the car.  As Sister Rose and I were driving from the house, we looked at each other, dumbfounded that we didn't get attacked by those dogs. IT was SO SCARY. The Lord really does protect His missionaries.  We had a couple days ago discussed the topic of "what happens if you get chased by a dog"  and we had talked about it together and I KNOW the Lord was preparing us now looking back.

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here is something good that came out of that:  After Sister Rose and I recovered from the shock of our almost dog attack for a couple of minutes, we remembered that there was a couple that lived by the area and we decided we should try them. So we put in the GPS of where they were, the GPS said that we had "arrived at destination." We looked over to the right of where we were and we had already arrived!! We got out, knocked on the door, and this adorable older man in his 90's came to the door and let us in. We had a wonderful discussion with him and his wife. I do believe that the Lord had directed us to them. It was amazing. 

I am so grateful for this gospel. I know that it is true. I am so grateful to have a living prophet on this earth, who we get to hear from soon! :) I am so excited! I know that God lives and loves us. I love my mission sooooo much. I love you all, and hope you have a great day! STAY AWAY FROM DOGs. ;)

LOVE, 
Sister Guilott


No comments:

Post a Comment