Monday, September 4, 2017

9/4/17 Labor Day

Did you know that Oakdale is right now the center point of surrounding fires? Thankfully, there are NO fires here... But we get stuck with all the smoke and it is very humid here lately... It doesn't help that we are having a 100 degree every day heat streak...I guess you could say I now understand what it means to be in the "refiner's fire."

I love this area so much. We had a lot of crazy things happen here! So this week, the two wards me and my companion are serving in got dissolved and became another ward. We now understand why we were serving in both wards.  It was stressful, as it caused a bit of chaos, but it was good.

We got to see our Stake President, I love him. He is such kind man and has the spirit with him AT ALL TIMES! It was fun to see him again, I consider him a friend!  Well, the ward we were in during the morning was the one that got dissolved, and SO MANY people were crying and hugging and making it a huge deal.  It didn't help our investigators who were at church.  They were confused. But I felt the spirit confirm to me something to tell them and was able to explain to them: "We get really connected with others in our ward, and we literally are all brothers and sisters of God and it is hard to separate from others that we were close with; Like being on a mission, you don't get to see your family. I miss my family very much, but I know that I will always be with them! It is the same here!" :) They liked that answer. 

All of the investigators we are teaching (and I am so grateful that God has allowed us to teach such precious souls) are progressing! It is so fun to teach, because I can just feel the spirit teach through me! I LOVE IT!! :D I would love to share a really neat experience though from this past week... It actually just happened yesterday! 

One recent convert in our ward said that he has a little brother that wanted to go to church with him because this brother has seen his brother change drastically the past months and he wanted to know how he was able to to change.  The recent convert told his little brother it was because of the church he has been going, so for the little brother has been going to church the past two weeks and LOVES IT. We were finally able to ask him if he would like to take lessons from the missionaries to learn more about the church. He accepted. So yesterday, we finally were able to teach him! We asked him about his beliefs, his family, and then we got to his age.  He said he was 14.  We were thinking, JOSEPH SMITH. WE ARE TEACHING A BOY WHO IS JUST LIKE HIM. This boy has studied to Bible everyday of his life. He loves God and wants to become closer to Him. He knows that there are many churches on the earth and wants to know if there is ONE CHURCH FOR EVERYONE.  He is so prepared. We were able to teach him the Restoration, and we got to the part about Joseph Smith. His eyes were fixed on us, and you could tell he was feeling the spirit. My companion was able to share the first vision. And after the first vision, his words were: " That makes sense!" He accepted to meet with us the next week and is now reading The Book of Mormon with his recent convert brother! IT IS AMAZING!!! :D :D I am sooooo grateful for that amazing opportunity to teach him, it was like he was teaching us and the SPIRIT was teaching him. I love my mission SO MUCH!! :D I know that this gospel is true and this is God's true church on the earth. I know that Joseph Smith saw Heavenly Father and his Son Jesus Christ. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. And I know that God loves all of you! 

I hope you all have a great Labor day!
LOVE YOU!!


Sister Guilott

Some fun pictures of a fun day out exploring with our district.



No comments:

Post a Comment