Monday, July 11, 2016

Bike Adventures!!

Pictures First!  And they are titled....

"THE ADVENTURES OF TIRE FIXING!" :)

First, taking the tire off, trying to figure it out, getting frustrated....
Remembering I am a missionary and I can succeed through help from the Lord!
Determined
Making some progress . . .
It takes some time to do it right . . . 
Looking good!
After a while, it was back on the bike and FIXED!!  
My lovely companion giving me support the whole time . . .
I wanted to be independent, and be "an agent unto MYSELF!" :)
HELLO WONDERFUL PEOPLE OUT IN THE WORLD!!!!

This week was a great week, kind of interesting, but it ended up great.  The weather this week was WONDERFUL!!!  It was in the 80's and we were in heaven.  Thank you for whoever was praying for good weather.  IT WAS NEEDED!!  We are now preparing again for over 100 degrees again . . WE CAN DO ANYTHING WITH CHRIST!

Well, all I can say is that God works in mysterious ways.  We had a tough couple of days trying to get into people's homes and trying to find people home.  But Sister Rugg and I were diligent, patient and faithful.  We got the impression to meet with one of our recent converts of about a year.  Come to find out, she has been very sick!  She opened the door when we got to her house and she thought the Bishop had sent us over.  We told her, "Nope! It was the Spirit!"  (Which was the truth.)  She then told us she had stage 2 leukemia.  That day we came over, we helped her clean her house.  (It was a mess.)  Then, because of her chemo, she started to throw up.  I helped clean it up (mom, you would have been so proud of me).  We also helped her be happy.  She was so miserable, not just from her illness but because her children had told her they were going to come over and see her, and they had never yet showed up.  We stayed and read to her from The Book of Mormon.  It was a neat experience because we got to see the works of God right there.  We saw her saddened soul grow lighter and brighter the longer we were there.  When we first got there, it was bit scary as she was so depressed and sick.  But helping her to remember God was with her made the situation so much better.  It reminded me of Mosiah 18: 8-10.  As members of the Church of Jesus Christ, part of the baptismal covenant is that we make a promise to God.  It says,

And it came to pass that he said unto them: Behold, here are the waters of Mormon (for thus were they called) and now, as ye are desirous to come into the fold of God, and to be called his people, and are willing to bear one another’s burdens, that they may be light;
 Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the first resurrection, that ye may have eternal life—
 10 Now I say unto you, if this be the desire of your hearts, what have you against being baptized in the name of the Lord, as a witness before him that ye have entered into a covenant with him, that ye will serve him and keep his commandments, that he may pour out his Spirit more abundantly upon you?
I am so grateful to have the opportunity to everyday see these tender mercies from God!  To be called God's people we must first, take Christ's name upon us (be an example to others of what Christ would do today); keep His commandments; and to serve others.  I am truly blessed to be able to be a witness of Christ and take His name upon me.

I wear a name tag everyday with His name, and I am so grateful.  But the beautiful thing I have realized is that you don't need a name tag.  You can always be a missionary!  You can serve today! Go out and serve.  I am so grateful for this gospel and the truth it brings to me and others.  I am so happy to be here in Modesto.  I hope everyone of you is doing great.  Have a wonderful week!

Love,

Sister Guilott

No comments:

Post a Comment