Monday, July 25, 2016

Happy Pioneer Day!

Well, this week was quite a week of firsts.  To start off, right after I emailed last week, my companion and I went off to do some shopping.  Then that night we had a dinner appointment.  Unfortunately, that evening at 2:00 AM, I woke up with a really bad stomach ache ... Then I was violently sick.  Thirty minutes later, Sister Rugg woke up and from then on for the next 24 hours we were in a cycle of throwing up -- both of us!  We got no sleep and the next day we thought we could try to do some missionary work...  NOPE.  We got permission to recover.  But it was hard to be patient.  I guess we both needed to learn how to take care of ourselves (without our mothers' help).  But we are doing better, slowly but surely recovering.  It was a bad week of sickness!!

We did get to meet this week with our recent convert Alyssa, and I felt like a mom watching my baby start to walk.  IT IS AMAZING WHAT THE LORD CAN DO!!  Alyssa has now gone to the temple many times, is hanging out with wonderful friends from church, and she just has grown up, spiritually grown up.  We were going over different aspects of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and she was teaching me and Sister Rugg.  The Spirit was so strong and it was such an incredible experience.  I know that htis Gospel is the only way we can get back to our Father in Heaven.  It was amazing to see her and be with her and feel her strength.
On Sunday, Sister Rugg and I arrived at church and there were a tone of people there for a missionary farewell.  It happened to be one of our favorite family's.  A couple of weeks ago, they had told us that the mom's sister was son to the main star of the show "Saturday's Warriors" (Jimmy).  I walked up and they said, "Hey, aren't you the Sister who loved Saturday's Warrior?  Guess who is here to sing in church today?" And next thing you know, I am shaking hands with Jimmy!  I tried to act professional, like a missionary, but inside I was screaming!  Kenny (Jimmy's real name) and his family sang in sacrament meeting and OH MY!  It was awesome!

SEND ME EMAILS!  I would love to hear from everyone (emily.guilott@myldsmail.net).  I love you all so much and am grateful for everything you do.  THIS IS THE TRUE GOSPEL AND I KNOW THAT THE CHURCH IS TRUE AND BRINGS HAPPINESS!

Love,
Sister Guilott

No comments:

Post a Comment