Monday, August 1, 2016

Serving for Four Months and LOVING IT!

Hello!

I am so grateful for the time I have to be here in Modesto, California.  This week just FLEW BY!  It made me realize how fast my time as a missionary will go and it made me motivated to try harder and do better this week than the week before.

This week Sister Rugg and I got to teach a new investigator named Sherry!  She is a great lady.  She had been meeting with the Jehovah Witnesses as she searched for the truth.  It has been interesting to see how different religions answer questions as people search for truth.  I am thankful for the good people I have meet from other religions and love that many have a desire to find the truth and learn more about Christ. It is wonderful to help people find the answers to questions they have as they search for truth.  Sherry wanted to know why there were so many religions and how to know which one was true.  We were able to teach her about Joseph Smith and his experience.  She wanted to know about where she goes after this earth life when she dies and she wanted to know more about Christ and His purpose. She has been so prepared as she has searched for answers to these questions.  I am so grateful for her and her questions helped my testimony as we were able to teach her the truths of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, through a prophet.  She really helped boost my spirit.  I know that God has seen the efforts Sister Rugg and I have put in and helped to comfort us and send us such a wonderful person to teach.

I want to thank everyone who emailed me this past week.  I have to admit, last week was a really hard week and reading your emails JUST GAVE ME THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST'S LOVE.  I am so grateful to be here on my mission.  I am so grateful for the gospel in my life and I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR JESUS CHRIST.  He is everything.  Without him, WE ARE NOTHING!  I have learned that faith in Christ can lead us to anything.

Funny story for this week:  Sister Rugg and I had dinner at a member's house.  And their air conditioning was out that day.  It was already 104 degrees outside.  Inside was even hotter.  We were all sweating and then the member brought out the dinner . . . IT WAS HOT CHILI!  We were sweating even more while eating (but it was yummy!).  It made me grateful for the moments we do experience air conditioning and also so grateful for the members who are willing to feed us no matter the circumstances at the moment.  This member family are true disciples of Christ and it was a fun dinner in spite of the heat.

Here are some pictures of us going to church (hurray for 100 degrees on a bike) with the lovely Sister Hoff who we adore:
And here are some pictures from when I got a package from my mom with fun coloring books! Thank you mom!  Everyone LOVED THEM!

I love you all!  Thanks again for the emails.

Love,

Sister Guilott

No comments:

Post a Comment