Tuesday, August 16, 2016

August 15th - Hello from Modesto

Hello World!! 

I hope you all had a wonderful week! I sure did and I am loving my mission more and more! I can't believe we are already getting into August!! AHHHHHH!!! But all is well!! I am just grateful I have lots of time left, because there is a lot of work to do here in the California Modesto Mission!! 

This week, we found a new investigator named William! He is great. He is from Louisiana and wants to change and come into the gospel. He has a baptismal date! HOORAY! But he has been "hiding" from us lately, so we will see what happens with him. 

This week was a scary week, actually.  We have had a lot of things happen to many people in our ward. There is a woman who got in a car wreck, and she has lost all of her memory, and had to be put into a treatment center. Her son, who is on the Autistic Spectrum, doesn't know that she has lost her memory and it is so sad! Sister Rugg and I heard about the news and cried. This women has been such a blessing to EVERYONE in the ward. So extra prayers for her and her son would be very appreciated.

This week I got to go on exchanges with my Sister Training Leader, Sister Webb. BOY I DO LOVE HER! She is new to this position but I KNOW GOD CALLED HER FOR A REASON. She is such a power house of truth and light. I love her dearly. I was able to lead out the area, which was scary before but now I love it, and we had many wonderful experiences. We were able to teach a woman named Angela and she is very interested in the lessons we have to teach! I just love how the spirit is able to teach everyone! We are only instruments in God's hand! I don't boast in myself, ONLY in God, because He knows everything, and we certainly don't. haha!!

Well, I have to cut things a little short today. Sister Rugg and I are going to a national park called Big Trees. It is super cool! We are super excited! I hope everyone has a wonderful day and week. And Utah, don't die from the heat. I saw the weather...Its so hot everywhere! You all are in my prayers and I hope the best for you! 

LOVE YOU!


Sister Guilott 

Love this wonderful family!

 Received my Ukulele from home after asking several times and finally 
getting permission -- I cried, I was so happy!

 Hurray for bungee cords to fix my broken bike basket!

 My companion and a sweet friend

 I was trying to be artsy taking a picture of us studying!

At our study areas in our apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment