Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Grateful Heart

Omelets!  Mom, are you proud?? :) 

Well, hello world!

This past week we had the amazing opportunity to go over our Christmas Initiative for this holiday season. The theme is "Light the World" and it gets me so excited! I just can't believe the holidays are coming up so quickly. I am seeing Christmas trees up, lights are up, stores have new Christmas decorations....  CHRISTMAS!!! And it's not even thanksgiving. So. I would like to dedicated this email for all the things I am grateful for in my life.

First off, there is a scripture in Doctrine and Covenants, Section 78, verse 17-19 and it reads:

 17 Verily, verily, I say unto you, ye are a little children, and ye have not as yet understood how great blessings the Father hath in his own hands and prepared for you;

 18 And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours.

 19 And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more.



I love this scripture so much. It just shows that when you have a thankful heart, you will be made GLORIOUS. I wanted to make a list of what I am grateful for and they are as follows:
  • My family here in Modesto, I love the people here and they just inspire me so much.
  • My companion, Sister Bell. I have learned SO MUCH from her and am so grateful we are together, learning and growing.
    My wonderful companion, Sister Bell, and our wonderful omelets!
  • My trainer Sister Rugg, I have learned so much from her as well. 
  • My fellow missionaries in my district and my zone.  They help you with so much.
    Sisters in my zone (minus the Hermanas)
  • The California Modesto Mission.  It is seriously the best mission FOR ME. I know that God is real, because I was called here to serve.
  • My mission president, President Palmer. He is truly inspired and I learn so much from him and his example.
  • His wonderful wife, Sister Palmer. She is such a delight and a wonderful missionary.
  • All the people I have had the opportunity to meet and be a part of their lives and I have been able to see the changes they have made for be happy.
  • I am so grateful for this gospel. I know it is true.
  • I am SO grateful for my family back in Utah, I love them and I am so happy we will be an eternal family.
  • I am grateful for all the wonderful family and friends in my life that bring me so much happiness.
  • I am so grateful for God's plan of happiness; it is the most amazing thing we have to give us hope.
  • But I am so especially grateful for my Savior. And His wonderful example. He is my older brother.
  • I am grateful for the sacrifice He did for all of us, which was to perform the Atonement.
  • I am grateful that He knows what everyone is going through.

I love you all. I am grateful for you. I hope you all have a wonderful week! :)

Love, 
Sister Guilott 
I guess I am extremely allergic to mosquitoes.  I am thankful for Benadryl! 
Daily Planning Meeting . . . And the apples we got from people that day!


No comments:

Post a Comment