Saturday, August 26, 2017

8/22/17

HOLY COW!! THERE IS AN ECLIPSE TODAY!!! Everyone is outside and freaking out about it... It's SO FUNNY! People are wearing welding masks, these crazy glasses, and having their phones RIGHT ON THEIR FACES. It reminded me of when "Pokemon GO" got popular last year. Everyone is outside and going crazy!!  But we got a text from our District Leaders saying that all missionaries are not to look at the sun.  SO. I am now inside writing a weekly email. ;)

This week was a slower week (teaching wise) but we still found miracles!!  We have been meeting with a wonderful couple the Ren's this week. Back ground story: me and one of my companions a couple months ago met Bro. Ren and we didn't know he was a member at first! He was so kind and he said that his wife was Mormon.  Bro. Ren has not been to church since he was 11. And he has had his children go on missions! But he has had one question about the Book of Mormon that no missionary would ever go over with him. He said that he has had missionaries for the past 30 years come over and try to share messages. But he always wanted to know the timeline of the Book of Mormon. Okay! Back to NOW. Me and my companion met with them again, and we had a awesome member print us out a timeline of the Book of Mormon and we went over to Bro. Ren and taught him! The spirit was so strong and he had MANY questions. My companion is AMAZING and she is a Book of Mormon scriptorian and knew all the answers!! Brother and Sister Ren thanked us! Brother Ren said we were the first missionaries to ever answer his questions that he has been having for years! He said that he will start reading it and wanted us to come back. The couple even invited us back for dinner! BOY OH BOY!! I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR THE SPIRIT THAT TAUGHT THEM SO MUCH!! :D 

I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon and for all the answers we gain from reading it. I know that it is THE witness of Jesus Christ. I know that if one reads this book, they will come to know their Savior, they will feel of the comforting power of the Holy Ghost, and just as a past prophet Ezra Taft Benson has said: 'The Book of Mormon will change your life." I know that is true. It has changed my life, and I know it will change yours.

I love you all so much!! Thank you for all your prayers and the support you give to the missionaries out in the field. I know that I have felt your love and prayers, and I am so grateful for all of you! I hope you have a great day!! 

Love,
Sister Guilott
Meet Dizzy the bird... it loved our heads. It freaked me out actually. haha! 



No comments:

Post a Comment