Monday, October 10, 2016

Six Months Out!

Right outside our apartment; Finally, some cooler weather!  
Hello World!

One transfer is gone... Another arrives. And how glorious it is to have change and to be able to accept what God has placed before all of us!  I AM truly grateful for Our Savior Jesus Christ.  With transfers approaching, I was so nervous (isn't every missionary?) about transfer calls. But I knew it would be God's will.  I got out my ukulele, and started to play some church hymns. I loved "Be still my soul." I found so much peace from that song, and I knew that everything was going to be okay. And... I am SO happy to say that ME AND SISTER BELL WILL BE STAYING together in our area!!! 

This week was a great week! We were able to teach three new investigators! Here are the details:

-Robert is a man in his later years, and he is very interested in a woman in our ward. She told him that she wanted to have religion be centered in her life. And how she wanted to marry someone in the temple. That really struck his heart. So we were able to teach him and he was very understanding and open! It was a great lesson, and the spirit was so strong. The only thing he is struggling with is coming to church. We are praying for that. But he is very kind and wants to be able to make these changes in his life. I hope he has the desire for himself to change and see the blessings that will come.

-Keith is also man in his later years, He was a referral from a man in Ceres. A couple of weeks ago we gave him a Book of Mormon and he told us he would read it all. When we came back, he was so interested and had many questions! We came back again and started teaching him when his friend came over and wanted to Bible bash. We said nothing... THEN another friend came over, who used to be a Priest/Minister to a church that wanted to Bible bash as well... It was very hard, but one of my favorite quote about this is by Bruce McConkie which says: "Never bash, never bash, never bash." So Keith noticed we were saying nothing, and he told us we could come over another time. He would set a timer for 30 minutes and promised they would all say nothing and listen... So we are meeting with him one more time to see if he truly has a desire... But we will see. 

-Kathleen, Jackie (Kathleen's mother), and Sarah are all living together. BEST PEOPLE EVER!!!! Oh my goodness. Kathleen is so prepared by the Lord. We taught them the Restoration and THE SPIRIT WAS SO STRONG!!!! Everyone was discussing and very engaged to the lesson. Me and Sister Bell were seriously in Heaven. They all were so cute, they wanted to know who our prophet was and they want to meet him. ;) And Kathleen got on right away to lds.org and watched Pres. Monson's talk "I believe." She is very interested. 

Kathleen and Robert have accepted the invitation to be baptized, but we felt prompted to wait for a date. We will ask them this next week, and invite them to pray about it. THIS IS THE WORK AND CHRIST IS ALWAYS IN THE LEAD AND HELPING HIS SERVANTS!! :) 

The work is hastening and the Lord is always at the lead!! I am so grateful to be here one more transfer and HOPE TO BE HERE FOREVER!!!! :) I love you all and hope you have a great day! Here are some fun pictures!! BYE

Sister Guilott
Our old district before transfers!  Awesome people here!
Look!  A "fork" in the road!  
From my sweet companion.  She loves to make us muffins!

2 comments:

  1. Love love love your blog posts!! I really feel the spirit when I read them. I know the Lord is so proud of you, you are reaching so many. I can feel your love for these people and so can they! Have a great week. Love you so much!!!❤ X0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love your blog posts!! I really feel the spirit when I read them. I know the Lord is so proud of you, you are reaching so many. I can feel your love for these people and so can they! Have a great week. Love you so much!!!❤ X0

    ReplyDelete