Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Half Way - Hump Day!

Lots of rain and flooding!  Always fun on a bike!

Good morning family and friends! 

I am so happy to be able to write to you today! I am in my new area and I am loving it!! I am serving in a YSA ward which covers five towns and it is HUGE! The members here are fantastic and they are so strong! I am very excited to be able to work here and help them to be able to see their potential. We have the BEST stake. We had stake conference this past week and it was incredible. Many people who had joined the church this past year was able to speak and hearing their testimonies helped mine grow SO MUCH! We also had one of the Seventy (a member of our church who helps with bigger areas) came and spoke. His name was Elder Clayton and HE WAS INCREDIBLE. I learned so much from him and I am so grateful he came.

Well. I started my first week as a Sister Training Leader. I should probably explain what that is. A Sister Training Leader is an assignment from the Mission President to oversee and help a number of sister missionaries. I am over 5 sets of sisters and I know a couple already, so that makes life a little bit better. I go on exchanges with them, I do an exchange once or twice a week for a totally of six each transfer and see how they are doing. I get to go teaching with them and just see if they need help. I am going to be learning SO MUCH FROM THEM. I am very honored to have this experience and I know that God has chosen amazing missionaries here for California Modesto Mission.

Well, my companion is seriously one of the most successful missionaries here. Sister Webb is INCREDIBLE. I actually got to go on exchanges with her once (she was once my sister training leader) and I was star struck the whole time. She has such an amazing testimony and she teaches so simply yet so with the spirit that you just want to listen to her the whole time. I love her very much and I am excited to see where this transfer takes us.

We have an investigator on date for January 28th and he came to church this past week. His name is Zach and he is such a GREAT kid. He is so prepared by the Lord and I knows that he is loved by Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. I am very excited to see where he goes and what the Lord has in store for him. 

I am so grateful to be here on a mission. Yes, it gets VERY HARD. But I know that God loves us. He knows what we need. And with the world today, we have to go through VERY HARD THINGS. Satan is sneaky. I hate him. And I know that I don't have to give in to the things he wants me to do that would bring me unhappiness.  SO I TELL HIM TO HIT THE ROAD!! :) And I trust God. :)

I hope you all have a wonderful day! I love you ALL!! I keep you all in my prayers!! 

Love, Sister Guilott 

No comments:

Post a Comment