Tuesday, February 7, 2017

February 6th

On an exchange with Sister Penman: She is a doll! 

IT'S FEBRUARY!! Already?!? This week was actually.... okay. It has been a really slow week. In all honesty, it was a  difficult week. Our only investigator, who was going to get baptized this week, dropped us. He decided to go to a different church. Let me tell ya, life on the mission gets pretty hard when the people you love decided to use their free agency poorly. We have been praying for him and hope all goes well with him. 

This week I went on exchanges with a sweet visa waiter! Sister P was a doll!! We actually were back in my old area.... WEIRD!! So much has changed, and I only left there a month ago. We had fun experiences. For example, we were knocking doors when we saw some sweet ladies talking at the door we were going to. It was the Jehovah Witnesses, and I admire them for sharing their message but they  often turn to bible bashing. So I tried to hurry away when the Sweet Sister P shouted HELLO to them. They came over, and we had a good conversation from them. :) They shared their beliefs and we shared ours. All I can say is that I am grateful for the gospel. I am grateful for the plan of salvation and how everyone can be saved at the end, only by our choice to follow Christ and being baptized by proper authority. It is true. I know it is. Another experience which was really neat was when we were looking through the area book and we found a woman who had not been seen for years. We decided to try  and visit her. We went over and her first words were:"Oh my gosh. I have been praying for you and you are an answer to my prayers! COME IN NOW!" and she let us in. She was so sweet, she told us how she has felt so guilty from the past and wants to change. We taught her the process of repentance and the Atonement of Christ. She was in tears and now Sister P has a new investigator who wants to be baptized! It was a great exchange. I was thinking that even though my area is not going so good, I know that the areas around me are having success. But all we can do is continue to press forward  and we are working REALLY hard and I know that missionary work is amazing. It's tough, but amazing. 


I hope you all have a wonderful week!!! If  you are having a hard time, go read D&C 18:10. I LOVE YOU ALL. And thank you for reading this blog. I hope you can get something out of it, because I pray for someone to get something out of it every time I write. I love you all!

Sister Guilott
A gift from a member in my old ward!  How sweet!

California sky this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment