Saturday, February 18, 2017

Turlock, California - TRANSFERRED!

 We are surrounded here by thousands of acres of almonds, walnuts, pistachios, peaches, apricot trees!
They will soon all be blooming.  I can't wait.  So beautiful! 

OKAY! OH BOY!  DO I HAVE A WEEK TO TELL YOU ABOUT!!! 


It all started with a call from our President on Tuesday telling us that one of the sister's had gotten their visa to Jamaica and that we will be housing the other sister for a week. It happened to be my last companion Sister Bell. WHAT!? I was super excited. But, here was the catch. We were now over TWO AREAS: The whole stake we are currently serving in, AND the last area I was serving in. IT WAS THE CRAZIEST WEEK OF MY LIFE. BUT IT WAS SUPER NEAT! 

As we served in my old area, Sister Bell took us to a man who she has been teaching, and he is getting SO close to being baptized. AND GUESS WHAT!?!?!? FLASH BACK to two months ago when I was serving with Sister Bell and we were biking around and all of our appointments fell through. I had the prompting to knock on a very specific door. It was sooooo out of the blue to just stop for one door in our daily routine. I told Sister Bell: "Hey. we are going to knock on that door!" She was very confused, but she said okay and went with me. We went up to the door and knocked and a man answered, and then I very awkward;y for some reason forgot what to say for a moment.  Finally I said, "Hi! We are the missionaries!" We then started talking about God, and he was interested! We gave him a Book of Mormon and after we tried many times after to see him. He was busy with family life. OKAY! BACK TO NOW. The man that Sister Bell is helping teach and is going to be baptized IS THE MAN THAT WE HAD THE PROMPTING TO KNOCK ON THE DOOR. OH MY GOODNESS. GOD IS REAL. GOD is so nice! He allowed me to be able to see his progress and growth and be able to have a closer relationship with Him and His son, Jesus Christ. God is a gracious God, I totally believe that. Yes, this week has been a crazy week going back and forth. But God was able to show me that the work is still hastening, wherever you are. And we have to opportunity as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints to be able to help others feel joy from living the Gospel of Jesus Christ AND by helping families be together for all time and all eternity. 

To finish off this transfer, I got my transfer call. I will be going to Turlock with the lovely Sister Anderson. We will be serving as Sister Training Leaders together. I have only heard the best things about her. Sister Webb will be staying in YSA ward and be with one of my old companions, Sister Judd. They are going to HAVE A BLAST. I have learned that God is going to make me uncomfortable by helping me go through so many experiences and so much change. BUT THAT MEANS GOD LOVES ME! :) And for those who know me... I DON'T LIKE CHANGE. But I am getting better at accepting it. And learning to accept change and to grow.

I hope you all have a wonderful week, and I will be praying for all of you. I LOVE YOU!

LOVE, Sister Guilott

No comments:

Post a Comment