Saturday, March 18, 2017

Springing Forward

Wonderful baptism on Sunday!

HELLO !


I hope you all had a great week! I know that I did, but it was sometimes too crazy. But it was great. Here is what happened:

MONDAY: Monday was

"Preparation day." It is always crazy busy, the day we get to do all our errands, go shopping, do our laundry, clean the apartment, and my favorite is I get to email home. That is all the matters to me on that day. I love reading all the emails I get, especially from family. 

TUESDAY:  We got together as the Missionary Leadership Council, which is when all of the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders get together with the Mission President and you go over things that the missionaries need help with. It is seriously the neatest thing, the spirit is so strong, because you know you are helping the missionaries and the work progress. 

WEDNESDAY: We had a Sister Training Leader Breakfast, when all the Sister Training Leaders all go to the mission home and President and his sweet wife treat us to breakfast. Then we discuss the specific needs of the sisters and how to help them. AGAIN neat spirit, and it helps so much. 

THURSDAY-FRIDAY:  We had a Zone Training, where all the Zone gets together (30 missionaries for us in Turlock) and we discuss how we can improve and become closer to Christ and understand His life and apply His Atonement. Sister Anderson and I did a training on obedience. It was pretty nerve racking, but the spirit was there and it went great. THEN right after we went on exchanges. I went with a SWEET missionary named Sister Beteiti (pronounced Be-dace) and she is from an island off of Fiji. She didn't know how to speak English before coming on her mission, but now she is BETTER than I am. I LOVE HER SO MUCH!!! She is a spiritual giant, it was on HONOR to be with her. She said something to me that really made an impact.  She said: When "I feel like I was about to die, but I am saved. This mission and my Savior have saved me. I love my mission so much. I will never forget it. I am so glad I went on my mission." 

THAT IS THE ATONEMENT. That is her submitting to the Father's will. I just learn so much from her. Seriously, being a Sister Training Leader feels like the sisters we are with are actually training us. ;)


SATURDAY: We got things ready for Anthony's baptism. 

SUNDAY: We had a baptism. I cried. It was beautiful. The spirit was so strong and I am just so grateful for Anthony and his family. He had been waiting for a long time to be baptized, and it was just perfect timing. I am just so grateful for the ordinance of baptism. We get to be closer and closer to our Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ. I am just so grateful. 

It was a crazy week. But so worth it. I hope you all are having a great week. I love you and I know that this gospel is true. This is God's true church back on the earth. I know that Joseph Smith was the prophet to help restore the church and is a prophet of God. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that Jesus Christ died for all of us, and I am so especially grateful for His Atonement. Because of it, I know that I can be forgiven and that He knows exactly what I am going through with times get rough. And that He can help me. He is my Redeemer, my Savior, my Advocate, and my friend. I love you all and hope you have a great week! 

Love Sister Guilott ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment