Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Easter in Turlock

Hello!

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter Weekend and I hope you were all able to have a fantastic week! I was able to experience many wonderful things this past week and I would love to be able to share them with you! 

First, I was able to go on exchanges with a SWEET sister from Japan! It was an incredible experience, because I was able to witness the gift of tongues and to be with seriously one of the best sisters ever! 
She had such a strong testimony, even though she did struggle with some English. The Spirit made up for the parts she struggled with. It was an awesome exchange, and you can just tell how adorable the missionaries are here! I am just so grateful for missionaries around the world who sacrifice so much: leaving their home, immersing into a different culture, learning a new language, being in different areas, and so much more. I have come to appreciate ALL MISSIONARIES!! I love the Lord so much, and I just see His love through His faithful servants serving the Him with all their hearts, might, minds, and strength. 

Second, I am just so grateful to be here in Turlock. We have had many days where we are knocking on doors. But I am learning and growing so much from the wonderful people around us! I am learning a lot about Christ's love and how we must have that for others. I love the scripture of the two great commandments, in Matthew 22 it says:"Thou shalt love the Lord with all thy soul, and with all thy mind... And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself..."

 I am learning to love my neighbor... but I am honestly learning more about loving myself and finding my strengths to help others to grow their love for Christ. I am going to be honest, I have compared so much while I have been out on my mission. I am surrounded by so many wonderful missionaries and examples, I belittle myself so much. But. After MONTHS, I have finally come to realize how much Heavenly Father LOVES ME. I am so grateful to know that I am His, and that we all are apart of His Heavenly Family. :) 

I hope you all have a fantastic week, know that I love you all and I am praying for you all always! I believe in Christ and I know He is my Savior. I know that I could never repay all the things He has done for me. But I know that all I need to do is LOVE HIM and SERVE HIM. :) And to live my mission vision, which is: "We are One with the Savior, in doing the will of the Father."
LOVE YOU ALL! HAVE A GREAT WEEK!


Love, 
Sister Guilott ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment