Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Spreading Cheer - Painting Over Graffiti

GOOD MORNING WORLD!! :)



I just wish I could hug all of you that have been reading these blogs for the past year... I really don't know how you do it. I just want you to know that I seriously am so grateful for all of you and love you all so much! This week I celebrated my year mark a missionary! Hooray! It's funny, it felt like any other day as a missionary. Which makes me happy, since I just wanted to do missionary work on that day anyway. 

But  we did something really cool this past week! Me, my awesome companion, and other missionaries went to do a day of service in a city close by. We had signed up to garden, but instead we got told to paint on walls. The towns we serve in called Delhi used to be a huge gangster town, and all the walls in the town were tagged or made these huge scary murals. SO!! The towns people a couple years back took action and decided to paint the whole city with nice sayings and funny murals. We had to assignment to go over and paint over any tagging and to write out "Love Delhi" and it was GREAT!! One of the missionaries had the genius idea to write out a Thomas S. Monson quote, we got permission to write it. IT IS SO COOL. 
I just am so grateful for service and the opportunity to help out. God wants us to serve, and we all feel so much better when we do serve. I came on a mission just to serve. But finally coming to realize it, I came out to serve others and to serve the God I love so much. I am so grateful for this gospel and for coming to know that my Heavenly Father loves me so much that He provided a way for us to come back to Him. He provided a plan, and central to that plan in Jesus Christ and His Atonement. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ's Atonement, we can do so many things through it. I can repent, I will have an advocate when I am judged, I can be with my wonderful family for time and all eternity. I love being here, even though life gets really tough. But I know I can rely fully on my Savior and have him be the center of my life. I am grateful for the sacrifice I have made to come out here and to serve in the Modesto, California mission. I know that I am doing this work for my Savior who is always right beside me, helping me along the way. This work is great, and it isn't just for missionaries. We can all be member missionaries! Go help a friend, go study your scriptures, go show someone you care! God will bless you so much for it! I love you all so much, thank you again for always reading. I hope you all have a wonderful week, know that I pray for you all. 

Sister Guilott

No comments:

Post a Comment