Tuesday, July 11, 2017

July 10th


MIRACLES.
This week has been a week of miracles. We had  Zone Conference this past week and I learned so much! I am so grateful for leaders I get to serve with here on my mission. I learned a lot about companionship unity. My companion and I have been putting a lot of things into action, and I feel like not only our unity is getting stronger, but the area is improving!! I would invite you to read Alma 13:3-9, and insert "ordained" with "set apart as missionaries" and see how is can apply to everyone! Because we can all be missionaries in helping others come closer to our Savior Jesus Christ. :) 

Well, we had a great week teaching our new investigators! Great news: we have this sweet woman who wants to be baptized but she is engaged to be married in October.  We felt prompted to tell her that she can be married civilly sooner so she can be baptized sooner and pretty much have the big wedding celebration in October. She got VERY excited and told us she would talk to her fiance ;) SUPER EXCITED! She loved coming to church and already seems like a member. She even got longer sleeves on her wedding dress to make it appropriate for her sealing ;) CRAZY AWESOME!! :D :D 

Then we have been teaching our investigator Kelvin and he is super excited to be baptized!! We had the most amazing lesson yesterday! We had a recent convert come to help teach, along with a sweet girl we know in the ward. We all read Alma 36 together, and our recent convert used  to struggle with some issues in the past. So he was able to relate so well, and shared the best insights to our investigator. He even invited our investigator to come over to his house for a barbecue and was so kind to him. I am so grateful for members reaching out like that: that is the pure love of Christ. And I hope to have charity like that one day. :) Our investigator was able to go to a baptism from our ward this past week, and it was so sweet. He even started to sing "I am a child of God" and he got emotional, which made all of us emotional and we all felt the spirit so strong. 

I am just so grateful for my mission. I love it so much, even when biking in 110 degree weather and no one lets you in... The Lord helps me daily and it is so hard for me to count all the tender mercies I have seen!! I love my Savior, I would do anything for Him. I know that He lives and died for us and that makes me feel so at peace to know that I can rely on Him and repent to become more like Him. I love this area and my companion.  The work is hastening and I am just so grateful. 

I hope you all have a wonderful week and thank you for reading another long missionary email. ;) Thank you for all your support and your love. Have a blessed week!

Love, 
Sister Guilott 



Pictures... SO we have now caught three lizards! (DAD YOU WOULD BE SO PROUD.) We even found one in our apartment... got to love that. 

Picture at the top of the page:  We have been trying this new "apple cider vinegar" thing... It is supposed to help with allergies  and keep you healthy. I have been dying because it is so gross but I actually do feel a lot better and I haven't been sick or had bad allergies lately :) HOORAY!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment