Tuesday, July 18, 2017

July 17th


Hello world!

It has been a joyous week here on the mission. I have to admit though, oppositions were pretty strong. But I know that we are stronger than the adversary, and we were able to overcome the challenges! HA! Beat that adversary.  

We started off teaching our investigator everyday this week: he was receiving all the lessons and it was great! So many people were kind enough to come out teaching with us, which helped our investigator feel so welcomed and loved. Members make the WHOLE difference!  You should go out teaching with missionaries. It will help out so much! And we saw miracles and by the end of this week.... HE WAS BAPTIZED!! :D 

It was amazing. I am so grateful that the Lord was able to place me here, I know that it was by the spirit that our investigator was able to learn and grow. Our investigator, Kelvin, is amazing. He is so happy to be a part of the church. He was able to receive the Holy Ghost AND the Aaronic Priesthood!!! Our bishop is so kind, and he invited us (me and my companion) to be there when he received the Aaronic priesthood. It was the first time i witnessed someone being set apart of something like that, AND IT WAS AMAZING!! The spirit was so strong, it just furthered my testimony to know that the Priesthood is the power of God today on the earth. It is a huge blessing from God, and Kelvin says he is so happy to "be a part of the Brotherhood now." ;) 

I also want to share an incredible experience we had this past week.  My companion and I returned to see a less active man that had told us to come back to see him and and he had invited us to come read scriptures together! He is a doll, and looks like Santa Claus... SO EVEN BETTER RIGHT?! ;)
Well, we came back and we found out his son just moved in with him. So his son joined our conversation.  His son is very knowledgeable about the gospel, which made it kind of hard to talk to him.  This made it hard for his father to follow along with our conversation.  The son was at first telling us all these hard and deep doctrines. We tried to keep the spirit there and tried our best to share a message. The son then asked us a question, I forget exactly what. But he was asking about mercy and justice and what would happen if there was no justice. He was asking for a specific scripture.  His attitude got me flustered but I then felt prompted to pray for the spirit to help so I did and .... NO JOKE, I heard this voice/feeling inside say at that moment: "No God." So I shared that answer with the son. He got big eyed and starred at me.  Then the spirit then told me a scripture: "2 Nephi 2" I looked it up, and shared this scripture that says if there was no opposition, then God would cease to exist. The son got quiet.... said he was very impressed and I was able to bear testimony that the spirit was able to share these things with him. Even though I have all these tabs in my scriptures, it is hard to always remember and pull out the right one.  It was an amazing experience for me and I was so full of gratitude that I was worthy enough to be an instrument in the hands of God at that time and place. I was humbled that God trusted me enough to give me those answers exactly when I needed them to have the spirit be with this family, and that I was not confounded. I am so grateful for these experiences!! :D :D I love my mission and I am so  grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ. He lives, I know He does. I love Him so much. 

I hope you all have a great week! :D 

Love, SIster Guilott

No comments:

Post a Comment