Monday, May 9, 2016

Hello!
Happy Mother’s Day to all!! I have had a great Mother’s Day, and getting to skype with my family was a like taking a big breath of FRESH UTAH AIR. J

I am so grateful for my mother.  I was thinking about my mom this past week.  And I was just admiring how much she has done for my family.  And how she was also a missionary, and that just makes me see how much of an example she is to me.  I think of Christ’s life, and how one of the only people there by His side was Mary, His mother.  When He was on the cross, at His feet was His mother.  To have her son sacrificed must have been the hardest thing she had ever done. 

Moms’ make sacrifices, like my Grandma Catherine who sacrificed when she sent her oldest daughter, my mom, to serve a mission many years ago in Portugal where she had so much success and that helped my mom to turn into the most amazing woman I know today.  My mom is my hero.  She has such Christ-like love.  I cannot even comprehend it.  I hope to be like her someday.  Now, she is willing to support me and give me up to the Lord for 18 months to serve and help build His kingdom.  I am so grateful to be here serving in Modesto.  I am grateful for my family.  I love my family.  And mom, I love you so much and am willing to do anything for you.

This week has been great.  I am now out of the “Oh, I am a missionary . . .  HOORAY!” phase and I have entered the “Oh, I am a missionary . . . This is kind of tough” phase.  But, I love it and would not have it any other way.  We have been teaching many people.  We also have a wonderful lady named Sister Hoff who is basically my mission mom right now.  I am so grateful to her.  We see her often and share messages with her.  The picture here is of this wonderful lady:
We are helping our investigators day-by-day.  Courtney is getting ready for her wedding! She is so cute! But, her soon-to-be mother-in-law wants us to help her by getting a bridal shower together. OH YEAH!!!!!! I LOVE THIS KIND OF STUFF!!! We are also helping with her wedding: I think I get to do her hair.... I LOVE MY MISSION. :)

Alyssa is doing great! She wants to be baptized, but needs her mother’s permission. So prayers have been said for her, she is sooooo cute and is soooo ready for baptism. 

I got to bike in the rain... The picture is me... Trying to be positive while biking in the rain in a skirt. Haha.
Soaking wet from the rain!
I LOVE YOU ALL!!! Keep up the great work! Know that I pray for you all! I love this gospel and know it is true ;)
Love, 

Sister Guilott
Adorable little library: We added a Book of Mormon!
Outside our apartment is so beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily, this is your aunt Dale in Florida. We are all so proud of your decision to serve as a missionary. Seeing you on your bike brought back some memories for me. In France, we were all on bikes (motorized). Rain, snow, heat and what ever, skirts and dresses. Getting to church was always fun! Be careful and remember that we love you.
    Aunt Dale

    ReplyDelete