Monday, May 2, 2016

Hello Modesto!

Hello Family and Friends,

I want to let you know that I am safe and well in Modesto! And oh boy... It's been quite a week here already! I got here and got my trainer, Sister Rugg! She is from Colorado and she has been out 5 months TODAY!! Hooray! I adore her! She is the best trainer ever! She just just barely got done being trained herself, and now is training me. So she is pretty awesome! 

We are in a full biking area. We do not have a car, so we bike everywhere and I love it! Biking is the best way to get around from place to place, and it is great for proselyting. My first day we were knocking on doors after a member cancelled on us. And we found a couple, and they said they would love to know more about the church... COOL HUH?!?! So we will meeting with them this upcoming Saturday! We have two investigators right now on track for baptism. Courtney, she is such a cute girl. She is engaged to a member and she wants to be baptized so bad! So she is going to get married like on a Saturday, then get baptized the next day! HOW AMAZING IS THAT?!?! Alyssa, she is a cute teenage girl. We started giving her the lessons yesterday, we asked her if she would "follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized...?" and... SHE SAID YES!!!! But her mom isn't a member, so she is waiting for her mom's blessing. We are praying and fasting for her and her mom to let her be baptized. She just has such a light of Christ and she is so ready to be baptized. 

I can't believe how much the Spirit teaches. I am seriously not the teacher at all. The work is hastening here, so we are given TWO wards! I love them so much.  We were asked to not share where we are by our President.  But know I am in a wonderful area, and it is not like Utah at all. So a cool experience: Sister Rugg was naming off people to visit. She named off a lady last, and her name is Susie. Sister Rugg told me that she is a harsher lady to missionaries so we wouldn't be visiting her for a while... But I felt prompted by the Spirit to visit her. I told my companion, and she had the same prompting. we went to visit her. Come to find out, her husband had died just the day before and was in a terrible state. We came over and she was so sad and crying. We cleaned her apartment and sang to her. She was comforted and was much better. SO THE CHURCH IS TRUE AND NEVER DENY A SPIRITUAL PROMPTING. Amen. I love being a missionary, even though it is the hardest thing of my life. I love it. I love the wards and the members that are in it. I love the area and the crazy/fun people I am meeting every day! I am so grateful for the opportunity I get to serve the Lord. I know that this place was for me to help serve and help others to come unto Christ.  I love it!

LOVE YOU ALL!! 
Have a great week! 
Sister Guilott

No comments:

Post a Comment