Monday, May 16, 2016

Miracles in Modesto

Hello World!! 
 
BOY. This week has felt like the longest week of my life. Because it just had miracle after miracle after miracle. I am so grateful to be able to witness all the blessings and things God has in store for all of His children. This week, we have been teaching Alyssa. She is just getting closer and closer to baptism! She wants it so bad and we know by the Spirit she needs it! She is so full of the light of Christ and seems to be glowing brighter every time we see her. This week we got to teach her about the gospel of Jesus Christ. We were teaching her and when it got to baptism, we had a wonderful discussion. We know that her mom is Christian but isn't sure if this is the right thing for her daughter. So two weeks ago we asked Alyssa if she would ask her mom for her permission, we promised her that God would help her and help humble her mother's heart. Alyssa has been afraid. We had the Spirit prompt us to do role plays with her! We were her mom and that really helped her.  So... Last night we got a text from Alyssa, saying that she was asking her mom that very minute and asked us to pray. Me and Sister Rugg PRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYED. I know I had never EVER prayed like this before. This prayer was specific and it felt like I was talking to God face to face, instead of a telephone call. I and Sister Rugg prayed separately, then together. Then we waited. We waited an hour. Both of us were dying inside. But I know that it was all in God's timing. God has a plan for all of His children and we must be patient with this plan. So... finally we got a text back. And we are happy to say that Alyssa will be baptized June 4th :) It makes me sooooooo happy and makes me cry every time I say this!!!! Alyssa is so excited, along with us, her friends who helped fellowship her, her father and mother, and especially her Heavenly Father and Our Savior Jesus Christ. I am so excited!! So we are helping plan her baptism, and I will be sending pictures soon! This will be the first baptism I get to experience on my mission! I know that it was the Spirit that helped her know this was the right thing! I am so excited for her. 

Janie is the older lady we are teaching. We were about to drop her last week. Until we showed her the new pamphlets for the missionaries and for everyone in the church! They are all about Temples and Families. We were showing her the temple pictures in the pamphlet, when all of the sudden she stopped at a picture of a baptismal font. She was struck with the Spirit. We told her after she was baptized, she can do baptisms for her family who have died. She started to cry and say that she was feeling warm inside. WE WERE SO EXCITED. We told her, that is the Spirit! He is a comforter, a friend, and a proclaimer of truth. She wants to be baptized, she knows it's the right thing. So we told her to pray, and we also put her on a baptismal date so she can prepare for that. 

This week has been full of miracles. But you can all have the same experiences the missionaries are having. Read Luke 15:4-7. It is the parable of the Lost Sheep. I would like to invite you all to read it! While you read, just think of your Savior Jesus Christ as the Shepard. He wants us all to come unto his fold! He will put you on His shoulders and carry you home. Like the Savior, we can be under-shepherds. We can help Our Savior by being examples of Him and by inviting others to come unto Christ. I know it can be scary to do this, but we are promised that "if you sow good ye shall also reap good for your reward," D&C 6:33. 

I love you all and hope you can be examples of Christ! I pray and think of you always!! I know that this is the true church and that we have the truth. 

Love,
Sister Guilott :)

 
We got to teach this Jamaican man the gospel!
We got free succulents--we named them Moses and Aaron.
There was a bug . . . 
There are so many cats here!  I am in heaven!  Mardi, don't get jealous--you are still my #1!

No comments:

Post a Comment