Monday, May 30, 2016

Hola!

Boy oh boy.  The week has been a crazy week.  I just can't believe it flew by so quickly.  I want it to slow down!  This week we had a Bridal Shower for our investigator Kourtney.  She is so sweet.  She has such a light about her and has been so fun to teach as she is so excited to be baptized.  The Bridal Shower went great.  All of her family and friends came and they had a fun time.  We were hoping lots of ward members would be able to attend, and we even hand delivered 20+ invitations to all the women in the ward.  Unfortunately, only 2 were able to come.  But that still made a difference because it showed Kourtney that there were people ready to welcome her into the ward and those 2 wonderful people made a huge difference.  During the Bridal Shower we got to play fun games and Sister Rugg got to share a wonderful message.  The Best Part was that all of Kourtney's family was there and hopefully we will get to see them soon at church.  I am so grateful for God's timing.  Because this past week, Kourtney and her fiance wanted to get married sooner, so this past Saturday, THEY GOT MARRIED!!!  It was great!  We were invited and they were so happy.  This means we get to push up her baptism.  I know that through this experience, when you want something that God wants you to have, He will do everything in His power to give it to you!  I know that God wanted Kourtney to be baptized sooner, so He made it possible for her to be married this past Saturday.  I am so grateful.
I got to give my first talk in Church this past Sunday and boy...I WAS NERVOUS!  I really struggled this week to find what I wanted to say.  Thanks to my wonderful companion, she showed me a WONDERFUL talk and I shared my thoughts about it.  It is a talk by Elder Brent Nielson, "Waiting For The Prodigal."  So for your homework this week, read this talk.  IT IS AMAZING!  When I was studying it, I realized something: We usually compare ourselves to the brother of the prodigal son.  But ... Have you even thought yourself as the prodigal son?  We are all on the same path home and we need to find our Savior and His Atonement in our lives.  He lives and loves us.  He wants us to come home.  So think of somebody you know whether it be a neighbor, family member or EVEN YOURSELF. And help them find their way home.  Come back home to the fold of God.  I loved this talk and the parable of the prodigal son.

Well, I hope you all had a great week.  I am so grateful for all of you and your example you have been to me in my life.  If you have questions about anything, you can read the Book of Mormon, call the missionaries
or pray.  Do those things and I promise you will get answers.

I love you!

Sister Guilott
tan lines!
Spiders are everywhere . . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment