Monday, May 15, 2017

New Area, New Companion

May 15, 2017

HELLO WORLD! 

I have been transferred to BEAUTIFUL Oakdale! I am on some REALLY old computers right now (like, half of the buttons are gone... HAHA it is great!), so I will figure out pictures this next week! 

But this week has just flown by too quickly. I am with the LOVELY Sister Beteiti (pronounced Beh-dace) and she is from Kiribati (pronounced key-deh-bess) AND I LOVE HER!!! She is the most humble missionary I know and she is just so powerful. Something really cool about her, she learned English at the MTC and didn't know it before. She is seriously FLUENT now and I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to witness the gift of tongues in action! This week we were finding lots of people, and we have had much success! There are a lot of churches here, but people are always willing to hear our message! Something I didn't know about Oakdale is.... THERE ARE SO MANY HILLS.... Biking UP and DOWN and UPPPPPP and speeding down... It is tiring. BUT! I know that it will make me strong! :D And me and Sister Beteiti laugh about it and sing as we go up the mountains. 

A fun story this week was we have made it a goal to talk to everyone as we pass by them and that day we made a goal to get 5 referrals (usually that is IMPOSSIBLE), so we were biking by this man. And we was telling us about his life, and he was packing up to move. We got his new address so other missionaries can go talk to him. My awesome companion asked if he knew anyone who would be interested in our message, he gave us 6 names...  HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God is so good to us, we had faith that we could find that many names and He made it all happen. It was really neat.
I am just so grateful for the gospel and for the power and truth it gives us. 

ALSO, Happy Mother's day! :D I got to talk to my family for the last time, it was my 3rd time skyping. Its so strange to think I won't skype again.  Time is going too fast and I am loving it here and can't image never being a missionary. The mission is a blessing in my life, and it feels like my home. I LOVE IT!

And I hope you all have a great week! LOVE YOU!

Love, Sister Guilott

No comments:

Post a Comment