Monday, October 30, 2017

Last day in His Vineyard



Monday, October 30, 2017
California Modesto Mission: Sister Emily Guilott
April 6, 2016-November 1, 2017
(Last day in His Vineyard....literally!)

I honestly don't know how to start this blog post... I have been pondering and praying for what I could say during this blog post and I hope that it will help you and inspire you in any way to do good. I have almost completed the time I am serving in the California Modesto Mission and I am changed. I have been reminiscing about when I received my mission call December 17th in 2015, reading it and seeing the line: "you are called to serve in the California Modesto Mission..." and I had an overwhelming peace come over my whole being. I know now that was the Holy Ghost confirming to me that was the place the Lord had called me to serve. I know this was what the Lord wanted me to do, even though I did not want to go on a mission earlier in my life.

During my mission, I have gone through so many experiences that I could never take away or would want to take back. Yes, the mission has been the hardest experience I have had yet in my life, but I can just tell you that I never would want to take away this experience. I want to thank all the people who have supported me while serving my mission and thank all the people I have come to know while serving. I love you all and I am so grateful for your friendship. It has been a privilege and a honor to serve here and be under the direction of my mission President, President Palmer. I know that I needed him in my life; I love him very much and now consider him a best friend and a mentor. I love serving. I love helping others, whether to serve them physically or to serve them spiritually. But no matter what, I know "that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God" (Mosiah 2:17) I hope all of you that have been reading these blogs have been able to feel uplifted and felt motivated to serve others around you. I know that my mission has helped me be able to serve more and to be able to see God's children as He sees them. I know that the scripture in Doctrine and Covenants section 18 verses 10-16 are what I feel. (I didn't write it out so you can go read it yourself and feel what the Lord is trying to teach you through these verses.) ;)

I love you all. I wanted to end with testifying that I know that my Savior Jesus Christ lives. He lives and loves all you us. He completed His Atonement for you, to help you break the bonds of death and to help motivate all of us to repent/change so we can be with Him and our Heavenly Father. I know that this is God's church on the earth. There is no doubt in my mind that it is not. I know that the prophet Joseph Smith saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, and that through the power of God that he helped restored God's church back on the earth and that he was a prophet and continues to be the prophet to have restored the gospel in these latter days. I know with all my heart that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, it is true. If any man would get closer to God, it would be through reading, pondering and praying about the Book of Mormon. I love this book and will continue to read it daily. I know that God's power is back on the earth, the Priesthood power, and it is the power to act in God's name. And I honor this sacred power and am so grateful for all worthy men to hold such a sacred gift.

I know that families can be together forever. I know that one day we can be in the presence of God. I know that He wants us to return home, so we need to keep his commandments to return with Him. I know that temples are the houses of the Lord. I miss it and can't wait to go back and worship there and feel of the peace that God can give when being in one of His holy temples. I love my Savior and I love you all. Thank you again for following my adventure through reading these blogs. :) I love my family and I am so grateful to be with them for time and all eternity. I will see them soon, and I can't wait to hug them. I will miss my California Modesto Mission, but there will be always a place in my heart for my mission. To conclude, I know that my mission vision is now my life vision which states: We are one with the Savior in doing the will of the Father. :) 

Love, 
Sister Emily Guilott 
My awesome companion Sister Rose! 
She is staying here and has a new awesome companion Sister Sharp! :D


I FOUND 2 BABY MARDI'S.... I AM SOOOOO EXCITED TO SEE MY CAT. ahhaa. Yes. I am a cat lady. ;)


Random streets we find while biking in Oakdale

My ghetto Oakdale apartment thought to give me a gift and left me at the foot of my desk a dying cockroach...
Yep. I was not happy. at all. 

Attempted bike selfie 

I love Sister Rose. She  loves driving, so I let her drive. I hate driving.
EXCHANGES IN STOCKTON AND I GOT TO BE WITH PREVIOUS COMPANIONS.
SO AWESOME. Dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment