Sunday, October 22, 2017

October 9, 2017

Past and present companions
I can't believe how fast October is flying by! The weather has been only in the 70-80's! It feels nice and cold... ;) I bet all of you Utah friends are freezing. ;) Just kidding! I just am trying the best that I can to make each day the best I can make it! Even on the slow days, I can see so many miracles that God has graciously given to me and my sweet companion! I would love to share some experiences this week! And I promise there will be pictures. I made it a commitment this past weekly planning to take more pictures, I hope you are proud of me Mom. :)

We had a fun day on Tuesday.  We got to go serve in the community and serve with many different people from different religions and it was so much fun! The people are usually a lot older and it is fun to hear how much they love their families and how God has been a huge influence in their lives. But then... WE GOT A SURPRISE LUNCH WITH MY PAST COMPANIONS!! Sisters Anderson and Bell! I was SO happy! I hope you enjoy the pics above ;) It is so fun to be with so many people that I adore and love. ;) 

The next day we went to a New Trainer meeting where all the trainers and new missionaries meet together and have a conference. This past transfer we had like... over 20 missionaries come in and BOY. There were so many missionaries, I just got SO excited about the work progressing and seeing the Lord's chosen people/missionaries all in the same room! I felt really old though... All the new faces, all the "kids" just out of high school. So fun! But I remember something a newer missionary had said that really touched my heart: he was talking about how the work as a missionary is difficult (I understand...). But he said: "He suffered for me, the least I can do is suffer for him...." AND THAT SPOKE TO ME. We can all go through life, but to really go through it we have to go through ups and downs. And as we suffer, we can relate to how Our Savior did actually suffer for ALL of our pains, sins, iniquities, our personal failings, and the suffering we will feel. I am SO grateful for my Savior who did perform His Atonement for all of us. He is real and I know that He lives! 

We then had the best lesson with an investigator we had to put in the Lord's hands for a couple of weeks to see how she would be... She was so happy to see us and had said of all the things she was going through... She had said that she was feeling down and had missed going to church, she felt that she was missing something... HOORAY! SPIRIT! ;) We knew that she was going through some difficult times with her family, especially with some members being under influences. We felt prompted to read 3 Nephi 17 with her. As we read, she was saying:"I can totally relate to this!" and you could tell she was feeling the spirit. We then invited her to pray about being baptized, and she said she would!! I just know that she may not be baptized in the next couple of weeks, but I know she will be someday! I am just so grateful to be able to be a "touch point" in her life. AND THE LORD IS DOING EVERYTHING FOR HER ANYWAY! 

I just love being a missionary, and I am so grateful I get to do the Lord's work. I love you all. I hope you enjoy all these pictures and experiences! I hope you have a wonderful week! 

Yours truly,

Sister Emily Guilott

No comments:

Post a Comment