Sunday, October 22, 2017

October 16, 2017

LOVE MY HOMEWARD IN UTAH!! That little package made my day! THANK YOU!! :D 
GOOD AFTERNOON FAITHFUL FOLLOWERS WHO STILL READ MY BLOG!

So!! Can I just tell you how funny it is when you are having great weeks and then suddenly... your week is as still and slow as the number of emails you get as a missionary who has been out over 17+ months... This week was a rough week. Not to be negative, but we have usually many lessons during the week. But we had a total of 11 lessons cancel on us this week. Including investigators, part member families, less actives... I have to say though: My companion and I had to just laugh at it and not be too discouraged during this week when these appointments would fall through. We would get a text and one of us would say: "oh, it is probably a cancelled appointment." AND SURE ENOUGH! We laughed about it all. We continued on, trying to keep a positive attitude through it all.  But here are some funny moments of this week, I promise we had many spiritual experiences... But it is fun to share the silly things we do.

*We got to a man's trailer where we usually have our lessons with him (he is now coming back to church and wants to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood) and he told us he had to go get something... We were kind of scared at first, his house is kind of a junk yard and we were scared he would give us something he found... haha. But he came out with a little box and placed it on my lap... IT WAS FULL OF KITTENS. OH MY GOSH. I WAS IN HEAVEN. We were able to play with kittens and have a great lesson with him about keeping the Sabbath day holy. By the way, I think an activity you can do on the Sabbath day is play with kittens in a box. :)

* Outside of our apartment, we have all these pretty roses outside and if you know me... I love roses. And we were going to have an interview with our mission president and his wife that day. Sister Palmer had said that she loved yellow roses. We had the brainy idea to go and cut some roses. So we went early in the morning to cut the roses. Funny thing... our neighbors are under many different "influences" if you know what I mean... And the roses kind of smelled like those different "influences" but they were so pretty, so we put them in a vase and went down to our interview and gave them to Sister Palmer. She looked at them and was so happy. Then... she smelled them. She told us: "WOW! These smell great! Usually yellow roses smell very bad! I am so impressed! Where did you find these?"  Yep, hahahahahaha!! COOL! :) 
The roses we gave to Sister Palmer ;) Pretty huh?! Who knew that there would be roses in October. ;)
* Best experience of the week... drum roll please... Sister Rose and I were about to leave for our dinner and she closed the door. She gave me a stare... I asked her what was up. She said: "Sister Guilott, I locked the keys in the house." WE JUST LAUGHED!! We had no keys to the house OR to our car... so after many phone calls, we got a hold of our district leaders who have a spare key for emergencies. We got a member to drive us to them (since they only have bikes) and we got the key back! AND WE WENT TO OUR DINNER APPOINTMENT ONLY 2 minutes late... WHAT AN ADVENTURE. :) 
Our view as we were trying to call people as we were locked out. ;) haha!
I just love all the experiences I have on my mission. And I have learned that you can ALWAYS find joy in the crazy days. Even during a week where so many things fall through in your life, you can count the many blessings that the Lord has given to you. :) I love you all. I hope you have a great day!


Love, 

Sister Guilott 
Cute puppies we found as we were looking for people in the country area! 

1 comment:

  1. Love love love your blog! How bad can a day be when you get to play with a box full of kittens I know you're going to miss your mission

    ReplyDelete